6/14/13

Bird Takes Bath


    You will not believe what I just saw! Like really, I just saw it 5:20pm. My dad hooked up our sprinkler to water our grass. A few minutes later when he came in side, and looked out to see if he needs to adjust it any. He did not notice, however, a cardinal sitting on our telephone wire. He flew down and sat looking at the sprinkler a few feet away. Then without a care flew strait into it!soon he was so tired from diving and torpedoing the water he simply sat down where the water would spray him. We have a rotating sprinkler that moves back and forth, so it covers every inch of grass. every time it hit him, all his feathers would stand on end( so the water can reach his skin )and he would flutter his wings and tail. Way to beat the heat! And I mean it! we are in the middle of a heat wave today, and of course this is the day my parents want to work out in the yard ( front and back )  :)

                   
                                                          

No comments: