As we turned onto the dirt road, I looked up from my book to a sky of amazing color. Reds, blues, greens, and purples, all flying free in the wind. I was itching to get my kite up as well. While we waited for my friend to get there, we ( my brother and I ) watched the war kites dance, synchronized to music. The war kites are fascinating to watch. They can literally hang suspended a few inches off the ground with nothing holding it but the wind and the professionals controlling it.
Later a man came onto the field with two big long sticks with a rope attached on each end connecting them. On the rope were loops of other rope so when he dipped them in soap and held it up to the wind, it made the the BIGGEST bubbles I'd ever seen in my life!!!! Kids were chasing and popping them. I decided that you're only a kid once and joined them. It was so much fun!!!
A little while later the wind stopped and we picked up and went home. I kept feeling so disappointed about not getting my kite to fly, but a quote says:
"The optimist pleasantly ponders how high his kite will fly; but the pessimist woefully wonders how soon his kite will fall." --William Arthur Ward





1 comment:
I like the picture with the giant bubble, very cool!
Post a Comment