This is the first time The Artists Hollow has done any thing like this. I am interviewing Clare Bullock- An amazing Artist, sketcher, and painter. Her sketches of birds and dragons have even been in the newspaper.
The Interview:
The Artists Hollow : My first question is how young where you when you got started?
Claire : I've always drawn, doodled at least. My parents always encouraged it. When I was little they would give me a piece paper and a pencil. You would always see my drawings covering the walls of my bedroom, and it just went from there. I started taking lessons when I was .... probably about eight. and I've taken lessons on and off since then. I'm not currently taking lessons, but I still do art at home.
The Artists Hollow : Well I don't know if you've answered this in your previous question or not, but why did you get started?
Claire : I'm not sure.....I guess some people are artistically inclined. And that's how I always was. I love being able to capture things on paper.
Claire : I'm not sure.....I guess some people are artistically inclined. And that's how I always was. I love being able to capture things on paper.
The Artists Hollow : Okay, why birds?
Claire : I don't know...birds just fascinate me. The way they work, the way they look, the way they move, and act. Their colors. They're probably one of the most colorful animals on earth.
The artists Hollow : Are they easy to draw?
Claire : Not really. It took a lot of practice. When I was little, I started with horses. I was obsessed with horses when I was little. Then it was....mythical creatures, like dragons, and unicorns which I still do sometimes. And then I kind of got into birds. Drawing them, painting them, sketching them, even clay birds. I sometimes make birds out of polymer clay.
The Artists Hollow : Is there a certain place in your house you like to draw in?
Claire : I like to draw in my room. It's probably the quietest place in the house unless I'm playing music of course.
The Artists Hollow : Is there a certain bird you like to draw?
Claire : Oh....um...Ravens. They seem really easy and simple, but they're just.... I love the black on white. They are just so.... they're probably the smartest birds on the planet. I just love them so much. And they're fun to draw!
The Artists Hollow : Is there a certain bird you don't like to draw?
Claire : um...I really don't like to draw flamingos. Flamingos aren't my favorite( Haha ). They're neat and everything....the way they filter feed and everything is really cool, but they're over-rated.
The Artists Hollow : what!! ( Haha =D )
Claire : too... too cliche' for me. ( Haha )
The Artists Hollow : Well that's it. Thank you for having us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some of Claire's drawings.
![]() |
| Owl |
![]() |
| Wolf |
![]() |
| Dragon |
![]() |
| Flying Dragon |
![]() | |||
| Ceiling birds(wouldn't you like to wake up to this every morning) |
![]() |
| working process |
Sorry they are a little blurry. two more will be added soon.







1 comment:
Thanks so much Clair for doing this Interview for us! You're an amazing artist, keep up the good work!
-TheArtistsHollow
Post a Comment