6/8/13
“The Hunt for a $2 million Treasure “
“The Hunt for a $2 million Treasure “
Forest Fenn, the millionaire, spent his life around the globe hunting for ancient artifacts, such as paintings, sculptures, and treasures. About a year ago Fenn discovered he had cancer. He had planned to take his $20,000 ancient bronze lock box, fill it with it with over 20 pounds of gold, a 17th century Spanish ring, a bracelet with 254 rubies inlaid on it, six emeralds, two sapphires, a bunch of small diamonds, a historic bracelet with round turquoise beads, and a 2,000 year old necklace from Columbia that amounts to 2 million dollars, to go out into the dessert and die instead of sitting in a hospital bed all his life and whoever was lucky enough to stumble on his bones could have the treasure.
But then he got cured and that changed the whole thing. But instead of calling it off, he decided to hide the treasure somewhere in New Mexico. Anyone in the world could look for it. He wanted everyone to feel the same thrill he has when he is treasure hunting as well. But wait. How will he get a treasure map to everyone on the planet? Well to make it easier for him and harder for us, he didn’t. Instead he made up this poem:
As I have gone alone in there,
And with my treasures bold.
I can keep my secret where
And hint of riches new and old.
Begin it where warm waters halt,
And take the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk,
Put in below the home of Brown.
From there it’s no place for the meek,
And the end is ever drawing nigh,
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads of water high.
If you’ve been wise and found the blaze.
Look quickly down your quest to cease.
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.
So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know
I’ve done it tired and now I’m weak.
So hear me all and listen good
Your effort will be worth the cold
If you are brave and in the wood,
I give you title to the gold.
A few months later, after the thought of 2 million dollars really set in, Forest Fenn’s email box was crowded with letters to him from Professional treasures hunts to little old ladies. One of his favorite emails is from a woman who told him she had figured out where the treasure was hidden, but was unable to get it because she was in a wheel chair. ”I think it’s somewhere in Nevada but I’m handicapped." She said. "So could you go get it for me?” :)
Well a year later and no one has found the 2 million dollar treasure. Who it will be?......... No one knows.

No comments:
Post a Comment